A guitar slide is a small piece of plastic or metal that is used to change the pitch of the guitar. It is inserted into the guitar's neck between the soundboard and the strings. This allows you to change the key of the song without having to change the chords.
There are two main types of guitar slides: fret slide and finger slide. Fretslides are more commonly used because they allow you to play in any key. Finger slides are better for playing in specific keys because they give you more control over the notes.
How to select a guitar slide can be a daunting task. There are so many options available on the market, and it can be hard to know which one is the best for you.
Image source: Google
Here are the tips to help you choose the right guitar slide:
1. Consider your playing style. Do you prefer an aggressive or mellower sound?
2. Choose a slide that is compatible with your guitar. Make sure that the slide is made out of a material that is compatible with your guitar's hardware.
3. Consider your budget. Do you want to spend more money on a higher-quality slide or do you want to save money by choosing a cheaper option?
4. Decide what type of slide you want. There are three main types of slides: single-coil, humbucker, and double-coil slides.
5. Consider your playing environment. Will the slide be used indoors or outdoors? Will it need to withstand humidity or extreme temperatures?
6. Choose a slide that suits your personal style and taste. There are many different styles of slides available, so find one that fits your personality and playing style.
7. Compare prices and reviews before making a purchase.